My poor baby help me out moms

My Baby has nasal inflammation she's only 5 months what can I do about it I can give her any congestion medication. I feel really bad I have allergies and its really uncomfortable for me I can imagine how she feels.

Mizzsweetooth

Asked by Mizzsweetooth at 4:31 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• do you have a vaporizer? they also have this vicks gel stuff you can add to it, and they have the vicks plug ins.

Besides the vaporizer I also took metholateum(sp) and vicks mixed them together and rubbed on my babys chest
    tricia1332

Answer by tricia1332 at 4:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You can try putting a little salt water mixture in her nose, saline breaks up mucus.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Please do not give her any over the counter medicine most of the cold medicine is not formulated for babies that age you can cause her a serious problem even the ones that are labeled for infants says 2 yrs old and up. The best is to try what Ryansmom told you google how to make a nasal saline solution so you can know how much salt can you put in it.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 5:46 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I was told by my pediatrician that Vicks irritates the nasal passages and ultimately makes congestion worse. I agree with Ryansmom, saline drops with a either a ball syringe or nose frida. If you don't know what a nose frida is heres the website www.nosefrida.com - it works so much better than a ball syringe! My youngest had rsv when he was a newborn and that thing really worked wonders.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:11 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Use a vaporizer and some chest rub like vikes it really helps or a run hot water in bathroom with door closed you and baby sit in there and let it steam up and sit five min if possible it helps to i had these issues when i was a baby and these things helped me alot.
    angel10526

Answer by angel10526 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Try the saline drops they work wonders and if you don't have a vaporizer or the funds to get one try going in the bathroom and turning the shower on hot and let the room get steamy and sit in there with the baby some. The steam will help loosen up the congestion in her chest. Good luck and kiss the baby.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 1:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2010