Does anyone hate their iud

I dont think I like my iud so much i can kinda feel it and it makes me very dry down there has anyone had any problems with this

Mizzsweetooth

Asked by Mizzsweetooth at 5:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Health

• Wbich one do you have?

I had the Mirena for three years..it was EVIL and I hated it - it gave me countless issues and I felt horrible. I switched to the Paragard in June and I LOVE it..sooo much better than the Mirena, since Paragard doesn't have hormones - and I feel amazing since switching.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 5:21 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Also, if you can feel it..you need to have the doctor look at it. It might not be placed correctly or something. You should NOT feel it. Have you checked the strings?
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 5:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I have a Mirena.. and I hate it.. Mostly because it works.. but I don't like the random cramps I get instead of a period on no particular schedule.. I hate the way I felt when I got it inserted and bled with pain for 8 weeks.. and I hate that hubby can feel it even after 2 years of having it.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 7:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I have Mirena and I love it. I have had it for 6 years (I am on my second one). I have not had a period in 3 years and I have had no affects from mine.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:11 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Never had an IUD because of horror stories and how much people say they hate theirs
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I've had my mirena for 4 yrs and love it. haven't had a period in 4 yrs. No side effects. I have no sex drive but i'm also on Celexa so i can't blame the iud for that completely. My hormones in it are beginning to metabolize differently since i'm getting to the end of my 5 yrs and i'm startting to spot around my period time. My dr. said i could replace it early if it was too annoying lol
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I have the Paragard for over a year now. I'm very happy with. The only thing that's different for me is my cycle is a little longer and the flow a little heavier. Everything else is normal. But my dh can feel the strings from to time so he gets to complain.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2010