Is it a sin to be a pagan christian

Iam a christian but iam also a pagan because i like to celebrate holloween and easter and christmas and hanuka and kwanza and new years an thankgiving

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 5:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• lol
    Mama2lm

Answer by Mama2lm at 6:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• – collapse
    Pagan Christian? You mean Catholic? LOL.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 6:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• Just because you like to celebrate a holiday doesn't change your beliefs towards another faith. I like to celebrate Christmas with my family, but that in no way makes me a Christian at all. And to top it all of, while some of those holidays have pagan roots, none of them are specific pagan holidays. If you said "I like to celebrate Samhain, Beltaine and Ostara" then you would at least have pagan holidays going for you.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 7:11 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Kawanzaa was a holiday made-up by the FBI. You should really KNOW what you actually "believe"
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 8:00 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Is it POSSIBLE to be a Pagan Christian? That doesn't make sense to me.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• That's too funny.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:02 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Yes its possible, no its not a sin.

And there are Christian Buddhists and Christian Witches and various others who "mix" religions. The various religions aren't as incompatible as they seem. Heck, I even pull from most of them - I'm a Christian Universalist.

Though I don't think liking to celebrate Halloween and Christmas, etc, makes you a Pagan. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• No, celebrating holidays is not a sin. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• ITA with Bankgeek. I consider myself a Pantheist, and a Buddhist, I also still value many things I learned as a Christian and as a Wiccan, so yes you can mix different religions and philosophical ways of life as long as your views are inclusive. I'm also very interested in ideas from atheists, humanists, etc. For those who consider their views and beliefs to be exclusive of other religions or ideas, then it would not work that for that particular person. Religions are 'mixed' and have pulled from older religions throughout history. It's not unusual for people to believe and practice multiple religions. It depends on the person, if YOU think it's fine, then it is.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I do not see how celebrating those holidays makes you in any way Pagan. It sounds like you're more of a confused Christian.
    There are Christian churches that cry about those holidays as sinful and yet there are other Christian churches that embrace those holidays and bring out the Christian elements in high relief. So is it sinful, comes down to the denomination you belong to or to your own personal convictions on the matter. But if you feel it is sinful, would you persist in doing sin?
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:14 AM on Dec. 18, 2010