Oh geez, this is gonna be bad! His pee pee is baby :(

So my autistic step son, who is four. Just started noticing his penis. He pointed to it the other day as to ask what to call it. I told him "pee pee" He repeated it as "baby" and no matter how hard I tried to correct him he is now running around pointing to his crotch and saying "baby"

What to do?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 6:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• Since he's autistic, he might not understand. That's why he keeps saying it. Just reinforce it. Whenever he calls it baby, just tell him "No, that's your pee pee."
    Or, tell him Penis. He may already understand that pee pee is what comes OUT of there. Or when he does, he'll be confused.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 6:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• If it's a speech problem he just needs to be worked with on his articulation. It's tough...my almost three year old is suspect for the spectrum and receives speech twice a week (one of our problems is when he says "truck" because his "tr" combinations come out as the "f" sound).

I would use the correct words, not slang, though.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:12 PM on Nov. 8, 2008