Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need a little advice,

My Brother who is 36 was given 6 months to live He does indeed have 5 children whom are 18-9 years old,this was over a year ago when he was diagnosed with the cancer

What we are trying to figure out, is ,

His medicade was cut off, and we dont know how the heck to get him medical insurance, the state is ignoring our pleas, and are not really doing anything to help my dying brother, and his family what do we do, who do we go up against,
im posting this is P*C since ...i know women pay attention to the subject and know their stuff if you were wondering why i posted it here


Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • For the ANON, poster, I AM NOT A TROLL, and i have now just proved it,

    You must be mistaken,
    about the troll * comment*
    I hope you CHOKE on your words lady ...and pray tonight, for your own soul,

    And thank YOU ALL OTHERS, SERIOUSLY we are trying as hard as we can,

    YOU CAN ALL READ HERE, about this because it does ring TRUE!

    this is my family my big brother <3 the one i was accused of lying about

    i didnt want someone to call me a troll and say im lying about MY FAMILY the anon needs to sit the hell down and be ashamed,

    Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2008


    Answer by older at 6:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • Start contacting your local news stations and newspapers. Write to all your state Reps and see if you can find a lawyer who will take on the case pro bono. Best wishes to you and your family.

    Answer by KC33 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • They didn't give a vaild Excuse to why,
    They indeed gave him, of course a spin down, because he does have to be on welfare for his childrens sake since he cannot work,

    But within that spin down they cancelled everything, but the children which he is okay with, as long as his children are okay and taken care of,
    but the thing is now, we are worried about him and the children,

    His wife is a duh duh, and she works 10 hours a week at an elderly home, and brings home 150 a week,
    But even with that they didnt have the right to cut the insurance,
    They even cut his daughters she is 18, but she lives at home, she just got over her cancer, * she had cancer as well 6 months after her dad was dianosed, to die, she got the word that she did indeed of hopskins, and she is still being treated with radiation, he did indeed get hers turned back on but they deny his still

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • Your story does not ring true. There is no way that ins could have been legally ended by the state. This sounds fishy....maybe a troll looking for kicks? If what was said is true, that state did something illegal, unless he makes a ton of money from disability.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • No if he collects disability for any reason he should have medicaid. However if he is making too much money on disability and if his wife works and has medical insurance and is allowed to carry family members he would be cut off. He needs to look further into this and unfortunatly he might have to contact a laywer in order to get put back on Medicaid. Have him call and get a valid excuse IN WRITING and contact a lawyer who specializes in things like this. Good luck

    Answer by Tayandstevenmom at 6:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • geee do you live in Florida? If you do I would not be surprise one bit if they did. They cut my children insurance for no reason what so ever. I was not told it, I took him to the doctor and they said he had insurance when he really did not got a bill from the doctors then found out. When I called DCF they told me I had to file appeal to get him restated. about 2 mths later I got letter staying they are now covering my son but not my daughter. You have to call everyday and send faxes to get anything done with them. I am happy now we can now afford health insurance with my husband new job. Not have to worry about dealing with them or if the children are covered or not.

    Answer by pandermom at 6:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • Good luck, just call over and send letters and faxes all you can do.

    Answer by pandermom at 6:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • Sometimes when you say you want things in writing, they suddenly start "just found out" that he is covered after all...

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

  • I like some of the other posters say contact Medicad. Be on their door steps day in and day out until something is done. And don't think twice about going directly to a supervisor. (State Capitol-Medicad Office, Senator, State someone with influence.)

    Answer by heavenschild99 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2008