christmas spirit cant find it

no spirit this year its just so much work wish it was over.

I NEVER FELT LIKE THIS

I have 2teen finince has 1 teen they make it dificult they dont like each other its adding to the lack of spirit

suesues

Asked by suesues at 8:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• Give and you shall find it.

Answer by older at 8:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I have my years where I can't find the holiday spirit either. I think older has a good idea... give your time, money, donations, etc... and you may just find it:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 8:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I have been accused of being a humbug, scrooge and Grinch this year. I know how you feel.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I agree, get out there and do some "giving", whether donating money, time, food. Try to take the kids and if they' re not into it go on your own and leave em behind!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Sometimes it's hard; I understand. This year is a bit different for me than normal so my "Christmas spirit" isn't nearly what I'm used to which REALLY bugs me. I'm trying to enjoy the things I usually do like the Christmas songs I like, the classic movies I love to watch, the decorations that make me smile and of course my family. Maybe try to focus on the parts of the season that you like most. The other stuff won't go away but it might help. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 8:57 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• It still may happen, maybe not the explosive joy that you once felt, though, maybe a quieter happiness.

Answer by Bmat at 9:39 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• you have to like that moment which is once a year .... try to forget all stress around and enjoy that day cause ther is only one 25th of decembre 2010 in whole life ... dnt miss it and wish u everything gonna be alright .. just open ur heart

Merry Chrismas
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 9:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I don't have it either because my father was killed in a car accident on Thanksgiving. We put our tree up a few days ago and it was so pathetic and forced. None of us wanted to do it but felt we "had" to.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• My DD wa killed and it's been a hard time to deal w/the spirit every yr since. We do it for the kids, but inside my S/O just can't feel happy for ourselves. We do all the things, decorate, cookies, tree, meal, etc. she would want that, plus 3 yrs of therapy. so that's what we do. BUT, we are not in the spirit and we both know it, neither is my DD, but she has 4 kids and she hides it too. My son I haven't seen in 2 yrs so I guess he 's handling it the best he can.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• so you have 3 teens,tell them if they dont straighten up,and atleast try to get along with eachother then they are not getting anything for christmas this year....they wont believe you so your best bet is to stick with it...dont buy them anything and make sure you fiance' goes along with it too........good luck hun.....and also as for finding the spirit,donate,spread the joy of christmas to the elderly and the little kids who need it most.....a nursing home,or hospital with sick kids always works for people who cant find the spirit.............everything will be fine....keep your head up....you will find it.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2010