oh really?

i had a break out of shingles a week after my son was born. as soon as the shingles made any sign of clearing up (not cleared up but had started to) i catch a cold or something.. so i have felt like T-TOTAL crap for the last 2 weeks. i went to the OB to get checked about the shingles but the doc didnt give me any medicine (i guess because i was breast feeding) so this morning i ask my husband (as i have a few times before.. not often but maybe 2-3 times in the past 2 1/2 weeks) to get up and feed our son during the night. i do it EVERY TIME during the day and most times during the night. so when i ask him this morning he says hand him to me.. i said well you can't feed him like that (he was laying down and was on the edge of the bed.. and made NO attempt to move or sit up to feed him) i already had the bottle made and ready to go so he didnt even have to get out of the bed to do it. when i say you cant feed him like that he doesnt say anything he just continues to lay there and go back to sleep. soo about 5-6 min later when my son is almost done with his bottle. i say "when you get sick again, do not expect me to go out of my way to help you do anything or try to get you feeling better. I have felt like CRAP the last 2 1/2 weeks and you have made NO effort to even OFFER to help me... and when i ask you to you say "hand him to me" but wont make it where when i hand him to you that he will be able to eat or you will be able to feed him. he says oh hush i dont care that you are sick i told you to call the doctor and you didnt i said excuse me i went to the doctor and when i left the ob i called the reg doctor and made an appointment for the 1st available date.. which was almost 2 weeks away because i am a new patient with pregnancy medicaid and they have to have "new patient" appointments.. so because i can't get in to see the doctor for a few weeks means that i have to feel bad with NO help from you???? and then you say YOU DONT CARE I AM SICK?????? well go ahead and kiss my sick ass sweetheart because you just got yourself in the dooooooggghouse. GL dealing with my sick bitchy side... payback is a bitch and unfortunatly for you so am I (when you piss me off)

Ross2010

Asked by Ross2010 at 8:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• I feel for you honey!! Just giving birth is bad enough but adding getting shingles to that so close to delivery - UGG! My youngest is almost 9 yrs old, but in October this year I got shingles for the 2nd time in my life. Shingles is very very very painful and definitely worse than labor! If you have an urgent care go there for your shingles. You should have been put on and anti-viral at least if not also a pain reliever. Tylenol or Ibuprofen are simply NOT going to touch this kind of pain. I would insist on vicodin and it is perfectly safe during pregnancy AND while nursing. You need something honey this pain is way too much for anyone much less someone who just gave birth!! Also ask for a topical gel called Lidocain to rub on the painful areas. I was given that AND Lidocain patches to wear that are WONDERFUL! The Lidocain numbs the area and can be worn for 12 hours. You can wear up to 3 patches at a time. PM me if you want to
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• that sucks ... men are assholes.
    AingealsBabies

Answer by AingealsBabies at 8:32 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• My husband was the same way, he didn't comprehend how exhausted I was, and you are feeling sick on top of it. It's fine to feel angry and hurt, but now that you've said your piece, just let it go. Next time be sure to say I may need to get you up during the night to take care of the baby because I am too sick to do it. Or tell him that you need to hire a sitter to sleep in for a few nights and take care of the baby because you can't do it because you are too sick.

Answer by Bmat at 9:36 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Men suck!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:35 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Hugs to you - that is really sucky.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:47 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• shingles is no pinic
    and no meds for it
    yikes
    sorry, hope you are mend soon

also
    men do suck, and most do not do that right either
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• oh I feel for you it seems when I'm sick husband isnt helpful sometimes. and that includes the kids,which they are old enough to know that they should help. They want our sympathy and extra lovings when they get sick but if we do they think were playing a game. I wonder if its just because we gave birth to our children and maybe they just think we are tougher and can deal with it?
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Mine acts the same way even after I had surgery for a hernia he is like the floor is dirty and so are the dishes were glad your home to do them. Sorry momma ((((HUGS)))))
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Wow, is he usually like that? Talk to him about helping you out more. Marriage should be a team effort, right? A little help would be nice. Geez, good luck!
    Platinum_Mommy

Answer by Platinum_Mommy at 12:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Try talking to him GL :D
    fairygurl91787

Answer by fairygurl91787 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2010