How many others have been trying (and failing) to get pregnant?

There really isn't a reason I shouldn't be pregnant. I had no problem the first time. I had an ovary removed 3 months after my son was born and although my doctor said it might take longer to conceive, he said I should be able to have more children. We've been trying for about 6 months now and I'm getting frustrated. Please pray for us. If it's supposed to happen I wish it just would.

Elisha121804

Asked by Elisha121804 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I went through that for 5 YEARS, i'd take months over years anyday, Why don't you go to your dr. and get bloodwork done to be sure you are ovulating.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 6:42 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• ME!! We got preggers with my son right away; he's five now and I really want to be pregnant with #2 before I hit the big 40 but my body is not cooperating this time around. We've been trying for over 8 months; the doctors say that there is no reason for me not to get pregnant; it's so frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• It took me 3 years to get pregnant the first time. Now we're trying for another and it hasn't happened yet, but we've only been trying 3-4 months. Be patient, which I know is hard. Try to relax about it. Last time, we totally gave up trying to conceive and started the adoption process. Right after we were approved to adopt, we ended up pregnant!!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 7:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I had a hard time getting preggers with my son and I am trying to concieve again and I am having a hard time again. Ive been trying for almost 2yrs now.
    NitaNae

Answer by NitaNae at 8:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• i had no trouble getting pregnant with my son, now my son is 6 1/2 and we have bee ttc for over a year. it's very hard physically and emotionally to go thru every month wondering if you got pregnant and all that fertility treatment worked, so far nothing but every month i have hope. so i will pray for you and it would be wonderful if you pray for me. i just finished my second cycle of clomid, had an HSG and am getting an HCG shot on tuesday. so hopefully all that will do something for me.
    tatyana
    jandtweiker

Answer by jandtweiker at 8:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• November is 15 months since we found out we were pregnant but miscarried at 7 weeks. We have been trying for 13 months since then.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• It takes an "average" woman with no problem 6 months to concieve. Doctors normally wont even see you until you have been trying for 1 year. You might want to start doing your basil body temperatures and putting them on www.fertilityfriend.com there are some great ttc groups on here to. It took us 2 years to concieve my first child, and so far it was been 16 monts trying for #2. It takes time.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I can't even concieve my first child...I didnt know this would be so hard!!!!
    StillTrying08

Answer by StillTrying08 at 9:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2008