What's the best excuse your/a child has ever given you?

This is today's journal post idea but I thought it would make a fun question for here too.

When my neice was 4 I bought her some great big markers to color with. Well I thought it would be ok to leave her alone to do this... yeah, BAD auntie! I didn't realize that the wall would be the perfect giant piece of paper. Later that day when I found her mural I asked "OMG Maddie what did you do??!!". She said "Oh Aunt Mar I think Callie did that." (Callie is her little dog.....)

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 6:33 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• One night my friends son kept getting out of bed and playing after my friend put him in bed about ten times I went and asked him why he kept getting out of bed he said God told me I could.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 6:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• "Mommy, my hand made me do it"
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 6:35 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• They learn YOUNG to blame the other kid...my 2 yr old recently was getting into something she shouldn't & even though she was evidently guilty she said to me "Not me! Va-va! Va-va did it" (Va-va meaning her sister Eva).
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 6:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• my husband has a step cousin that was about ten and got kicked out of public school so his mom had to put him in a private school they choose a christain school , the first day he did not like it , so he dropped on the floor and started rolling and mubling and thrashing when they teacher ran up and made so he was not seizing they took him to the office when they asked what he was doing he said , in a deep voice i am possed by the devil lol needless to say that was the end of that school as well
    almts915

Answer by almts915 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 8, 2008