Gifts under the tree or in hiding until christmas morning?

My daughter is 3 and can not wait until christmas. Should I put the gifts under the tree now or wait until christmas morning and surprise her??!!

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 9:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Surprise her! I still put mine under the tree Christmas eve! and I don't have small kids, but it is my tradition.

Answer by older at 9:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• put them under the tree now. it teaches her patience. i have a 2 and 3yr old, and after about 3 days of reminding them not to touch, they don't even go near them.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I put mine in hiding, but we don't open our home presents until after Christmas. We spend Christmas morning at my mother's house and open her presents then. When we come home we open the ones that are here. It might change depending on when Christmas falls during the week.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Put some under now and then the rest under Christmas Eve. Thats what I do. I put the ones from me and dh under now and the ones from Santa under Christmas Eve.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:28 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I always waited until christmas morning. Even when they were babies and it was their first christmas I always waited to put them under the tree until christmas eve then when they woke up there were presents under the tree. I do however have a few under there now. What I do is we get gifts for the girls from mommy and daddy and we get them gifts from santa. The gifts from santa I wait for them to open christmas morning, but like the gifts that are from mommy and daddy I have under there now, but they can't open them until christmas eve after we get back from families. Then I also have a gift for my cousin under the tree along with 1 gift for one of my nephews and 2 gifts for my other nephew and then my 5 year old is in kindergarden so she went to the santa shop this year and so her gifts to people are under there as well, but the gifts from santa I wait on. My kids are 5.5 and almost 3
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• hide them or shell be opening them a week early lol.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:31 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• oh the ones I have from santa are hiding in the basement lol. They aren't aloud down there at that time until after christmas lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Mainly because I ran out of room to hide gifts, I put those for others under the tree, and the childrens' gifts were still hidden away.

Answer by Bmat at 9:32 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I do what Santa did. Some gifts from mom and dad are under the tree wrapped..for days and days..it does intrigue and teach patience. Some toys just apperar un wrapped Christmas morning and the stockings are filled. don't go overboard she is only 3.
    notjustmom213

Answer by notjustmom213 at 9:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• i agree with armywife.

we put the ones from us and everyone else under there as we wrapped them. the ones from santa will go under there Christmas Eve after they have gone to sleep, along with stocking stuffers. i have a 4, 2, and 11 month old and none of them bother the presents. occasionally the 4 year old will ask to open one, or say "i wish i could open one" lol but i just re-iterate that we have to wait til Xmas Morning. the 4 and 2 year old have advent calendars and i like them because they get to "count-down" til Christmas and obviously they love the daily piece of chocolate :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 18, 2010