fetal age...

ok.. quick question..

just an example:
if the ultrasound gives you a fetal age at 10wk (hypothetically speaking) is that including 2wks extra after first day of LMP? which means the fetus is really 8wks?

or do we add 2wks extra from the fetal age givin in the ultrasound to determine the probable age of the fetus? in other words if the ultrasound shows 10wks we add 2wks extra which means you are 12wks. so the fetus is just 10wks

djsmama2009

Asked by djsmama2009 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i dunno, when i had my ultrasound they said my dd's gestational age was 9 weeks and i had thouht i was 11 weeks so my dr changed my due date to 2 weeks later than he originally thought.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 6:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Its included in the age they give you (thats how is was for me)
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 6:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• You sometimes can be a week off. So if you are 10wks then you may be 9wks. All in all you due date may fall around the same time.
    Anonymous

• The gestational age is normally from the first day of your last cycle. So if your 10 weeks pregnant.. you actually only concieved 8 weeks ago.. hypothetically speaking..
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 6:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2008