Spotting...Help please? adult content

I've been on the same birth control for the last 7 years. (with a break when we decided to have our 2nd one 4 years ago). my period was due on monday. It didn't "start" until wednesday... the starting was a barely there dribble and almost non-existent and by thursday it was all done. I'm 24 years old and have been with my husband for 8 years. I've always been regular, there's never been any issues with my period being irregular other than when i got pregnant. So we went yesterday and took a pregnancy test and one was invalid and the one this morning was negative... any suggestions?

BeatriceSW

Asked by BeatriceSW at 10:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• it could be do to stress i am always regulare as well and someimes when i am stressed i can miss my period. i would wait till next month and see what happens then if you still are having the same problem then take another test. also i know that being on BC can make you have a false negt. even if you are, so if you are really bothered by it call your docor and ask if you ca have a blood test. but until then i would be careful with what you do such as if you drink dont and so and so until you know for sure. good luck hope this helps
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 10:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Hi Michelle, that's what I was thinking... but we have a help line avail 24/7 with Registered nurses and tehy told me last night that those darn tests don't fail.. but I also have had friends take the test and it said negative and it turned out they were pregnant. I am on Birthcontrol but I am not stressed .. well now i am lol.. because we thought we were done .. my husband is due to get a vicectemy in a few weeks actually. I'd still be excited but I'd liek to know lol... the only problems with our area is is that if the home pregnancy test says negative they won't give you a blood test... they are really dumb that way around here....
    BeatriceSW

Comment by BeatriceSW (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Don't tell them u took a test. Just tell them u think u might be because of symptoms.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:12 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• dancer, that's what I may have to do! Just gotta wait till monday to talk to my dr. because the hospital doesn't do bloodtesting unless it's an emergency. thank you ladies :)
    BeatriceSW

Comment by BeatriceSW (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• The birth control itself may be causing it. If you stopped it then started it back up your body may be acting differently to it.
    gatorswife

Answer by gatorswife at 1:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I blame b.c and i think you are stressed you seem stressed lol... but as a nursing student i know false negatives are rare they happen sure but one invalid and the other negative i doubt babies on board but you should still be seen ...
    Roxeybunnie

Answer by Roxeybunnie at 1:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• hey roxey, no not stressed... well now i'm really nervous but i'm going to see my dr to get this cleared outta the way so we know either way :) thank you ladies for all your responses :)
    BeatriceSW

Comment by BeatriceSW (original poster) at 9:26 AM on Dec. 20, 2010