Did you say you felt safer flying now??

"It's just impossible to miss it, you know. I mean, this is not a small gun," Seif told ABC News. "How can you miss it? You cannot miss it."

But the TSA did miss it, and despite what most people believe about the painstaking effort to screen airline passengers and their luggage before they enter the terminal, it was not that unusual.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/loaded-gun-slips-past-tsa-screeners/story?id=12412458

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 10:28 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Obviously they didn't have big enough breast implants to get flagged for a scan/pat down.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You've got to love this portion of the article I'm copying and pasting for those who won't bother to read it...
    "A 2007 government audit leaked to USA Today revealed that undercover agents were successful slipping simulated explosives and bomb parts through Los Angeles's LAX airport in 50 out of 70 attempts, and at Chicago's O'Hare airport agents made 75 attempts and succeeded in getting through undetected 45 times."

They don't even have a 50% success rate. People are allowing their children to be violated on the off chance that the TSA might catch something in the process.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• not safer, just more violated. I actually refuse to fly now, so I guess I am safer!
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 10:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Nope, not safer.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I guess he wasn't a cancer survivor, hot woman, or old nun. They're the ones we really need to be scared of.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 12:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Wow ..so not even 50 percent effective and yet so many are just dandy with themselves and children being scanned and groped..JEEZ
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Oops!! Human error strikes again! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• They only abuse women and children. Men are perfectly safe. Didn't you know?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• They are too busy now picking out who they want to feel up and look at naked that i'm not surprised. They are so up on their high horse with their power to strip us all of our pride to do their actual job.

Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2010