Excuse the heck out of me

Money is tight this year.. so instead of spending alot of money I made copies of the kid's santa pictures and my daughter made home made frames out of jumbo popsicle sticks. I thought she did a wonderful job!! She colored them green and put glitter candy canes and stars all around the frame. We mailed them off early to make sure the grand parents got them on time and yesterday I called my MIL for a quick chat (that I love SO much..not). It had been 2 weeks since we sent them and it usually takes about 5 days to get there so I asked if she had received the gift from the kids. She says "oh. yea.. they are cute, but the glitter is just awful and is all over the house" I just found it to be very rude. I just said "Oh I didn't even think about that when we were making them. Sorry about that".. We wrapped up our chat and got off the phone. What a bee-otch. My daughter was so proud of her little frame after she made it. I told her that memaw LOVED it and has it hanging up on her wall. I guess there is no question attached to this..just wanted to share. Tis the season... to be her typical self I suppose..

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• ah, mother in laws huh? gotta love em!

lol anyway did she say it jokingly? or was she truly annoyed by the excess glitter? my mother in law says a lot of shitty things but she has this crude humor and half the time she's joking. although nobody ever finds it funny, she is joking.

i hope that if your daughter had asked your mil herself, she would've left out the glittery part and said she loves the frame. she should be thankful that she got something at all and especially that it was home-made... home-made gifts are from the heart and you can't really beat those!

don't let the bee-otch get to you. you handled it right by letting it slide and telling your daughter how much grandma loved her frame. they sound really cute btw!

Happy Holidays!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You did good by not telling your daughter that. Good Job! That was very rude of her, but some people are like that. Can't change them. I, personally, would have loved it. Nothing better than a child's hand made gift!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You're nicer than I am. I would have told her off lol
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 10:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Awwww! This was one of those think before you speak moments,and she failed miserably. That was a really cute idea.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Sounds like she is just a pessimist, always finding the negative in everything.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 10:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Some people really should think before they speak.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:49 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Even if there was an excess of glitter it was still rude to say what she did. I can't imagine complaining about a gift no matter what especially something handmade from a little one.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Don't send her anything next year. If she can't appreciate your daughter's efforts maybe they will be more appreciated by others.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• awww thats awful! SHe should love and adore a homemade gifts glitter and all!!!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I got stuck with a crappy MIL, so did you. That's pretty much what it boils down to.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:09 AM on Dec. 18, 2010