What is the best way to get back to normal after your period? adult content

I just got back on the Pill, and am having my first period in a LONG time. I know that most think douching is bad, but what other way can I get all clean? I heard about that Rephresh stuff... is that a douche or something else?

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 10:57 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Health

• why do you think it must be cleaned after a period? I am just curious because when mine goes away it just goes away. I guess you can soak in a bath to get that area more thoroughly clean than a shower. Douche and even this so called safe refresh stuff is insulting if you ask me. I never needed no major cleaning internally. Not necessary.

Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Well, I was struggling with itchiness before my period started, and I feel fine now...but I want to make sure that I don't get a vag. infection. Because antibiotics negate birth control, and my husband will not wear a condom.
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I agree with Crystal. I've never really needed more than a bath to clean it. If you have a funky smell then maybe you have an infection or STD.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Putting douche in your vagina wipes out the enviroment and leaves you open for uti's and yeast infections take a little bit of soap and some water after that leave it alone.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:12 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• For itchiness I use YOGURT of all things. But make sure it has no sugar, flavoring, or fruit in it. It's like $2.00 for a container that will go bad before you use it all. Just get a small syringe (no needle of course) and fill it with yogurt. Put in ur vagina and slap a pad in ur drawers. It smells weird but it's cold and really soothing, a day or two of this and ur yeast infection and itchiness are gone. If u don't have a syringe a kids medicine dropper will work too. Just make sure you wash it after every use, and keep it up where your kids won't find it. lol
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I wouldn't say a bad smell during period means std. Period doesn't smell delicious lol but afterwards you should get a regular discharge and return to normal. If you itch before a period it may mean you have a mild yeast infection that comes out right b4 your period. This used to happen to me years ago. If you do have an infection douching will make it worse or could of caused it. Douching can trigger both yeast and bacterial infections. You should have a good obgyn to discuss all this with. My grandmother used to say showers are fine but a woman should soak her parts in a hot long bath at least once a week lol. She was right i think it just cleans that area better i take one when my period ends.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Crystal8327 and badgirl44654... thanks for the advice.
    I have heard of the yogurt thing, so I will try that next time. I took Monistat once b/c I thought I had a yeast infection, but it turned out to be bacterial and I was making it worse! ugh... And I will try the nice warm bath thing, too. (I normally do showers cause I'm a busy mama!)
    brandyj

Comment by brandyj (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Dec. 18, 2010