baked mac -n- cheese

i plan on making baked macaroni and cheese tonight but no clue as to what i should serve with it. should i brown up some ground beef and add it in or is the mac and cheese suppose to be the maindish? i was thinking of throwing peas in there or serving it with a side of green beans or maybe green salad.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Food & Drink

• meatballs. My kids and hubby both love when I make homemade meatballs and throw it in the mac and cheese.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I would just do a salad.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I like doing it with chopped ham or crumbled bacon and a veggie mixed in, like a casserole. I also do it as a side, usually with glazed pork chops or blackened chicken.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 11:18 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You can serve it as the main dish with a side of green veggies. The beauty of mac & cheese is that it's so versatile, though! Adding the ground beef could be tasty, or you could serve the mac & cheese as a side for pork chops or fish.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I don't make homemade, but we love to add in turkey, ham, or tuna (DH likes ground beef but the kids & I don't) and peas or green beans. If you don't want to add stuff in, make a protein and a veggie besides, get your food groups in!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I make it as the main dish or with meatloaf either one with a salad
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I do mac and cheese with tuna and peas for tuna cassrole. Or if want a topping than bacon or bread crumbs, or even crushed potato chips.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• We are vegetarian and mac n cheese is a main dish we all love I serve it with a green salad, maybe some boiled carrots. It has protein and carbs so really any veg will round out the meal
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• as a side with barbequed baked chicken and green beans or salad.
    1bizzymommy

Answer by 1bizzymommy at 2:32 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• green beans
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2010