Natural pain relieve for teething?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Kids' Health

• hymphrey's teething tablets! they are at walmart and walgreens! or an amber teething necklace!! we use the amber teething necklace LOVE it!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• oh and a cold wash cloth and teething rings!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Amber teething necklaces have worked miracles on my children

http://www.amber-teething-necklace.com/

Frozen wash cloths, frozen peices of bagel, frozen fruits in the mess bag holders.

tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:30 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• clean wash cloth wet and in the freezer. You can even wet it with apple juice or something flavored messy yes but at least they won't be in pain. There's also having them knaw on frozen veggies. Whatever you do don't use the baby orejel. It causes there gums to harden up making the next tooth that comes threw hurt worse. Plus it only relives it for about 3 minutes.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• We used to use Highland's Teething tabs, but they aren't available any more. You can use other homeopathics or they also make a teething gel that is still available. We also used an amber necklace for our son.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• get them something to gnaw on like stale bread
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 11:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• How old? We always liked Hylands Teething tablets, hard fruit in a food pouch (or cheesecloth). DS always liked ice cubes to chew on, frozen washcloths. Fennel root is good too.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My pediatrician told me the only thing that really helps (other than tylenol if the pain is really bad) is counterpressure on the gums so they need something to bite on. I had a metal key chain that my DD was obsessed with, I think the combination of the metal being so hard to bite down on and also feeling cool in her mouth is what she liked. It was smooth and one solid peace so nothing she could choke on or cut her mouth on. The wet wash cloth in the freezer worked sometimes, too, and for her early teeth I could put my finger on the gum and let her bite down and she liked that, too.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:25 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• my daughter likes frozen waffles
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Highland's Teething Tablets are awesome! They work wonders and are natural!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:22 AM on Dec. 21, 2010