How do you keep the sparks going in a relationship? What are some things you do to keep your mate happy?

divamom2328

Asked by divamom2328 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• You should both be happy
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I try to look good for my mate, I eat healthy work out on a regular basis, I do it for me but it pays off for him too. I cook his favorite meals with the only ingredient that makes them yummy, love! I send him messages all through the day of what awaits for him when he comes home, so most days if not all he is one eager man to come home! We laugh at each others wrinkles and find it funny that although our bodies show signs of old age, our minds is not aware of the change. We have been together 38 years, never a dull moment.

Answer by older at 11:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• We cuddle, we joke, we hold hands, I make sure to kiss him (really kiss him) every morning before he leaves, I ask him about things I know he is interested in, I watch his (stupid) tv shows, I watch sports center with him (and ask questions), I show interest in what HE likes.... etc.

I find that the more I do for him.... the more I get in return. When he feels THAT loved and THAT important... he does the same for me.

That isnt to say we havent had our rough spots... we have been married for 17 yrs. But when Im not liking him to much... I think back to the good times and put my energies back into US... and slowly those feelings come right back and we are back on track.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• if your mate is a man
    blow jobs always are a good bet to put smile on his face

if mate is a female, a foor massage with scented oils is a good bet

both done when not asked for, and when partner is relaxed and ready for enjoyment/comfort
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• always remember that you all had a life before getting together both of you spend time apart like he has his friends and you have yours and when you see each other after being with them you be so frantic to see each other and you and him will have things to laugh and talk about then you all will get together and enjoy, and date each other and get those private rooms(wher something sexy new or old once in room) go outside of the house sometimes make valentine's and sweetest day throughout the year. when the children are sleep you and the hubby set up a little movie nite but not in the bedroom get some blankets, goodies and a little cocktail just something to sip on get close and enjoy.
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 11:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• role playing =D
    devtdbosombuddy

Answer by devtdbosombuddy at 12:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I find it funny that some of the ladies when straight to sex...
    while others went for "happy" in general.

I also find the first answer very self centered.
    Anonymous

• I do stuff with him that he enjoys to do in his downtime. I watch movies with him or play scrabble. I take care of him, not like remove his shoes for him but I make him a sandwich if he's hungry, or breakfast on the weekends. I'll run an errand for him if I know I have more time to do it. And we do it often so I know that helps :)
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 12:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I make sure we always have the chips he likes, cook him his favorite foods, make him laugh, I don't b!tch about petty things, I don't interrupt him when he speaks, I show him that his opinions, dreams, and beliefs are important to me, I keep myself looking good, I make sure I smell good and my skin is always soft, don't make a big deal if he wants to go out with his friends or play video games, keep things interesting and spicy in the bedroom, etc
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 1:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I like to bring him snacks and drinks, give him B.J.s lol, and just tell him how much I love and appreciate him. He works his butt off so I can stay home with the kids and he is the greatest guy I have ever met! I think letting someone know you appreciate them can go a long way. I know I love hearing that from my hubby. We try to go out with one another every few months. We actually went to the movies last night. We lay on the couch and watch T.V. and we cuddle while we are in bed. Lol, he is such a cuddle bug and actually "makes" me cuddle him. That makes me feel very special.
    Luvmybooskies

Answer by Luvmybooskies at 2:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2010