Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

She has three grown sons but claims only one ... My dh!

Mil...she has chosen to write off 2 of her 3 grown sons. Therefor my dh has taken on 100% of the responsibility of taking care of all her problems. She is staying with us unwillingly making home a place I try to stay away from. She has stated she will be here with us until her problems are fixed by my dh. Now my issue is getting the other 2 men involved in her care. I have been told it would be disrespectful to her to contact them! We can not afford her bills and ours worse yet she does not want to be here and she makes that clear! My dh said to me that if I called them it would put him in a position that he would think about leaving me and our daughter! I told him he could because then she would go with him! She needs more than we have to give yet my hands are tied and I can not reach out to other family.


Asked by Noosa at 12:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Relationships

Level 20 (8,483 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • going crazyyour husband is very insensitive,how in the hell can he allow his mother to disrupt your lives,rob u of your privacy and your peace? and when u speak up he is talking about leaving you and his kid?? i know it is easier said than done but i would leave with my kid. the way it looks from my pov is ;; this old bat of a MIL is here to stay for a looooong time and she will drive u nuts. your hubby is selfish to say the least ! plan an exit strategy tick tock. it may take some time to save up but you need to start saving. when u move out your MIL could then sleep on your side of the bed with her son.


    Answer by maya123 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

  • Your husband has already stated that he is putting his mother above you. That's a tough place to be. You need to decide if being second to his mom is ok for you. It doesn't sound like this is going to be short term. You need to decide what you are willing to live with or live without.

    Answer by layh41407 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

  • Well, kick her out. On the curb and if your dh follows, file for divorce. If that doesn't wake him up, nothing will.

    Answer by isabellalecour at 5:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2010