Watery poop :(

So my 3.5 year old daughter was having trouble going to the bathroom. I felt so bad for her so I gave her a little of Fletcher's Children's Laxative.. that was Tuesday afternoon and ever since then she has been having very watery, strange smelling poops. At first it was very often, now its less often but its still so watery. I feel so bad and guilty. Anyone ever experience this? If it doesnt go back to normal Ill call the doctor on Monday, Ive been giving her pedialite.

Ziggy-Stardust

Asked by Ziggy-Stardust at 12:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Start the BRAT diet. Bananas, rice, applesauce, toast. Also in the future, when she is backed up, give her an oatmeal cream pie. It will work within hours and you don't have to force them to eat it.

Try to get more fiber in her diet.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I agree with Jademom. Don''t feel guilty. It will be ok. Also next time this happens, try giving her some prune juice.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Thanks ladies. Im going to try that.
    Ziggy-Stardust

Comment by Ziggy-Stardust (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• brat diet is good for diarrhea

Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Yikes! Poor thing. Don't sweat it though. I agree with the others about the BRAT diet but I have never tried an oatmeal cream pie for helping the poo. Makes sense I guess. I may give it a go. We do aloe juice though, my daughter loves it and it helps.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:21 AM on Dec. 21, 2010

• brat diet... and note on the bottle for next time... i use the same stuff but give my 3year old 1/4 of the recommended dose... it usually works for her no issues, and if not i can always give her a bit more...
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:19 PM on Dec. 21, 2010