bleeding diaper rash

I feel so bad my dd has diaper rash so bad its starting to bleed I put cream and powder on but it does not seem to be getting any better . Is there anything else I could do for her.

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Plain yogurt. It sounds like her ph is off balance. Get some yogurt into her diet along with leaving the diaper off for as much time as you can. Put yogurt on her rash and alternate with triple antiboitic ointment.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• If it's bleeding I would be making a drs visit. Or maybe taking her to urgent care that has to be painful for her.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 1:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Don't use powder. What kind of cream are you using? I use Desitin and it works wonders. Also Dr. Smith's is pretty good too.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Try letting baby have some diaper free time. Put her on a towel and let her play au natural for a while. When putting the diaper back on, put a layer of vaseline or aquafor on, then diaper cream, and corn starch. The vaseline will put an extra barrier against the wetness that irritates the skin.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Give her a bath several times a day. It doesn't need to be a full bath, just a quick, butt washing bath. Then let her sit without a diaper for a while. Lay her on a pile of towels so if she pees it doesn't get all over. If you can't get her to stay on the towels, just take her diaper off at naptime. Any fresh air to the bum will help tremendously. Also stop using baby wipes. the soap in them can be irritating. Just use a wash cloth and warm water. Then make sure her but is dry when you put the cream on.

What diaper rash cream are you using? The only one I found to work for us was the Desitin Original. The creamy ones just weren't thick enough to create a good moisture barrier.

Our ped told us that if it hurts to give tylenol to help with the pain.

Good luck.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I am using creamy diaper rash ointment i think its targets brand its very nice and thick why cant i use powder
    sashasmom159

Comment by sashasmom159 (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• these suggestions are very helpful i did not know about the yogurt and i am going to take off her diaper when she goes to sleep
    sashasmom159

Comment by sashasmom159 (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• If its bleeding I would make an appointment with the ped. It could be a yeast infection.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• The baby could breathe in the powder and it could cause pneumonia and asthma. And it really doesn't do anything for their booty. Try using cornstarch instead.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• A yeast infection on her butt ?
    sashasmom159

Comment by sashasmom159 (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2010