Cyber Bully?

My 10year old BIL has a facebook account (which I personally think is WAY to young and a bad choice), and today I was looking to see what a 10 year old does on Facebook and came across this..."Every body halor if you think xxxx xxxxxxxxx is fat and a fag. HALA!" My BIL not only liked it but He commented twice: "yes" and "Hell yah!!!!". I immediately sent a pic of it to my Husband because I think something should be done about it!
I continued looking at his page and found his cell phone number (which he was given in case of an emergency) and where he is (ex. I'm at my dads, I'm on my way to xxx, etc.).
I don't know what to do bc we do not talk to my MIL bc of many reasons including her anger issues. This was the only incident I found like this but my BIL has anger issues as well as Severe stress from my MIL and her emotional abuse (which has gotten better since we quit talking to her cause she's trying to prove that I am the Crazy Men person who won't let her see her Grandkids).
What can we do? I worry that my BIL is capable of doing much worse than this, but if we say something to the mom she'll reward him for making us concerned and block his page (which then nobody will what he's doing online).
PLEASE HELP
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• What about your father in law or maybe another of your husbands siblings? Can you approach anyone else in the family?
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Wow! I don't know what to say. I can't believe the mom won't do anything about this.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• maybe your husband can talk to him and tell him about all the kids who have killed there self because of cyber bullying. he might be a little young for that but he needs to know.just make it clear that cyber bullying is no joke and he needs to take it seriously. And about his cell # and where he is at .. he needs to tell him that there are way to many sick o's out there to have that on there.
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• well if the boys mom is that bad it follows that the boy would have issues.

if your husband can step in and be a good role modle now is the time.
    Anonymous

• Your post was a little confusing and I dont know what's going on with the you and the other poster so I will just say this to a general audience. You absolutly MUST teach your children about online safety and cyber bullying before they ever get online, especially to social sites. They even have books from the library or sometimes from school that will help with all the details and things you may not have even thought of....it is very important that they know these things and you talk with them and even repeat it from time to time. It is also very important that you keep a close watch on what they are doing and who they are talking too, dont ever think you are invading there privacy because they must understand that they are children and it is your job to make sure they are responsible with computers or phones for that matter....they shouldnt be giving out vital personal info or hurting others.
    Triscuit

Answer by Triscuit at 9:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Your BIL is being the bully or your son???? I am confused! I know that I come here online to find people in other areas that have bigger minds. I also do not correspond TOO much with family that is out of the area because their lives are WAYYYYYY more important and busy than mine ...........................recently I posted a question about one of my family members kids and the family member. Call me suspicious but I get the feeling that they may be following me online and know iposted a question with some specfics to their situation. I am an adult and i can do what I want online it is not up to them to monitor me. If I do something wrong then I pay the consequences but if they are mad at me for asking about them and their behavior online because they are following me; YET do not have the decency to write to me. Then its on them. Do you see what I am saying??? However if it is your son that is the bully and ( hes a minor ) and
    NE1outthere

Answer by NE1outthere at 1:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• you are following him then I say go for it. I was just confused by who it was the was the bully. I see now that it was under TWEENS so must be it is your son I just didnt understand about the BIL
    NE1outthere

Answer by NE1outthere at 1:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2010