Im high rest and I'm over down will castor oil hurt my son?

I'm 4 days over do and I'm having pretem laber. Our hosp sent me home bc my woter hasn't broke so I was wanting to know if castor oil will help and will it hurt my son to take it ?

Plz help I'm in some pain and yes this is my frist kid

thank u

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are HIGH risk, then you should NOT do anything other than listen to the doctor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• DO NOT DO IT!

It will give you terrible diarrhea and will not bring on labor. It can also cause the baby to poop in womb and that is REALLY bad.

DON'T DO IT!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Relax, listen to what your Dr. says & watch a movie in the mean time or take a nap. It will take your mind off the pain a little. Be patient, that baby will be here soon enough! Best wishes.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Oh and another thing. Due dates are an ESTIMATE and can be off by 2 WEEKS.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• More often than not caster oil just causes cramps and major discomfort. If you're wanting to make things speed up then I recommend with walking or some kind of physical labor. However walking is probably the best for you right now. And I'm not talking just a lap around walmart. I'm talking you go to your mall and walk and walk and walk until everyone of the employees has seen you doing it multiple times or you've gone into full blown labor.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Walking will most likely help you some. If anything window shopping will help take your mind off of things. If you are not dilating yet then the walking can possibly help with that to. Keep timing your contractions and follow your instincts. When I had my daughter I was dilating but the doctor had to break my water for me because it wasn't going to on its own for some reason. Don't drink the Castor oil it can cause you to have more pain and at this point I don't think you want that. Also if you don't want to leave your house try reorganizing your baby's stuff and doing light house work. Just stay busy and good luck. Baby will come when he is ready to come. I was a week oer with first.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 1:34 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• listin to the doctor as the previous post have said!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 2:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Omgosh you are crazy to do that! That will hurt you and make your cramps worse and you will poop every where. And if you do go into labor it will be hell with you pooping and hurting extra worse. Think before you act girl! You will regret that choice.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 4:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Oh yeah and it can cause your baby to poop in your belly from the stress that the oil puts on your body. And if that does happen you can hurt your baby permanently.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 4:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Yes castor oil will hurt your son. It is impossible to be both overdue and in pre-term labor. Walk, climb stairs, drink raspberry leaf tea, and have sex. They are much safer methods. But the due date is an estimate and can be off by two weks in either direction. Baby will come when HE is ready and it may or may not be convenient for you, but you don't get to have control over this aspect of it. Stay away from the castor oil and relax. Or walk like crazy.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2010