do you think professional sports could be fixed?

i do.... i think it is fixed via the bookies (and casinos) in vegas/ gamblers around the world... they have to be sure to make their money. and they do it through the ref's ... the calls are so very different for the same actions. the ref's fix the game, i dont think any coaches and players are 100% sure of it.

AmaliaD

Asked by AmaliaD at 1:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes. I do. Players have been caught throwing games before. And I am sure that they stillb do it.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 1:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• and if you think they are not fixed ---- WHY? (ps. i am asking here - because this is a question that men wont even begin to discuss... it is like telling them their fav soap operah/ professional wrestling isnt real ... the toothfairy all over again or something. )
    AmaliaD

Comment by AmaliaD (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I do not think it is possible now a days. There is only a few times where referees call things wrong. If they were calling gmes in favor of one team or another the fans would throw a fit.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I think professional sports are the biggest killer of ambition in this country. Ask a middle schooler what he wants to be. He wants to play in the NBA or the NFL. They don't need an education because they are going to be drafted right out of high school. All they see are hugee $$$$$ signs. The money being paid to these men to play a game is obscene. It isn't like they are curing cancer or AIDS. They are playing a game. I feel the same way about the salary to movie stars. It is obscene.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Could? I most certainly think they are.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• BTW, op. My hubby thinks they are fixed too.
    Christine0813

• Yes!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Yes
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2010