How do I get food out of baby's ear?

I look away for a minute and baby had squished some of her banana into her an ear! I got out what I could but I swear there is still some stuck way in there, the Dr.s office is booked up, will take her to the ER and pay the charges if must but hoping you ladies can help tell me what I could try? Please please help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Kids' Health

• maybe try to rinse her ear out with water and take a q-tip since it is banana and its mushy. but then again it might push it further into her ear. but if you think thats all you can get out then you may need to take her to the ER
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Maybe try and suction it out? I'm not really sure I'd say just to be on the safe side to take her to the ER or if you have it available Instacare or Urgent Care.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I wouldnt risk pushing any further in her ear. If it were me, I would take her to the ER.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Suction it out.

Give her a good bath.

You can put a drop of swimmers ear solution into the ear and then tilt the baby so her ear is down. Any leftovers should drip out. Swimmers ear solution is an alcohol solution with glycerine. Yu can get it at the CVS.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• DO NOT do anything. Take her to the ER and let someone who knows what they are doing remove it. You could cause permanent damage by trying to remove something out of your child's ear. PLEASE take her to the ER.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Put her in the bath and suction it out
    morin6

Answer by morin6 at 12:57 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I';d take her to a Dr
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:05 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• id try a warm bath and see if you can't get it to soften up with water... only wiping the outer ear of course... but normally just the warm water of a bath will help loosen any ear wax (or anything else in there) and it should be able to be wiped out. i wouldn't suction...
    if you can't get it to soften and wipe out, would take her to the dr office in the morning... the ER isn't necessary, it won't hurt her to wait til morning to see the DR
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:18 PM on Dec. 21, 2010