What should I do

My neighbor's dd is my dd bf and I know they might not have anything for Christmas. See their from Puerto Rico and neither parent has a valid license.They said something about not needing one there. So they put a vehicle on the road through the step father (neighbor).The mother went and got a permit so she though she was ok to drive.Well they got pulled over the cops towed the truck. So they didn't have a way to work. So the step father quit his job this week. Which really messed them up if he could have found a way to work for 2 more weeks he would have gotten his bonus. So brings me to my question.

We got help for Christmas through a lady on here and a couple gifts from the school. So we don't have alot of money.I was thinking about maybe going to the dollar store and getting some stuff to fill a stocking for the 2 girls( 5y 11y) but my SO said that it might upset them because of their culture differences.

preciouschild

Asked by preciouschild at 1:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• do you feel comfortable enough with the mother to ask her?

or can you do it anonymously?
    Anonymous

• I would ask them if it would be ok if got the girls a few things for Christmas. I am sure they would be thrilled.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:50 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• the mom doesn't speak much english.When I talk to her we talk broken english or through the oldest daughter. I think I might do it anon just leave it on the door.
    preciouschild

Comment by preciouschild (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• It is a kind, generous, idea and would be appreciated regardless of cultural differences.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• That would be good and they would get something without the embarrassment.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• i think it would be better to send it without your signature on it. they would probably either find out it's from you and thank you or from their hearts they will know there are people out there that are watching out for them and it would probably be nice to send something to the parents too!! A card or something letting them know that they thought about for the Christmas season!!!!
    dea101

Answer by dea101 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Have your child give it to them or leave it on their door
    step with a card that just said merry christmas.
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 2:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• you could do it as a secrit santa thing and fill the stockings and slip over and leave them on the dorr
    WVgrandma

Answer by WVgrandma at 2:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Okay it's christmas .. We folks from latin american countries do practice the tradition of giving as well as getting gifts. It's just a nice gesture on you behalf..
    pinkdot

Answer by pinkdot at 3:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Make a Christmas ornament from your family to theirs.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2010