You go girl!

The owner of the Phoenix Suns basketball team, Robert Sarver, opposes AZ's
new immigration laws. Arizona 's Governor, Jan Brewer, released the following
statement in response to Sarver's criticism of the new law:
"What if the owners of the Suns discovered that hordes of people were
sneaking into games without paying? What if they had a good idea who the
gate-crashers are, but the ushers and security personnel were not allowed to
ask these folks to produce their ticket stubs, thus non-paying attendees
couldn't be ejected. Furthermore, what if Suns' ownership was expected to
provide those who sneaked in with complimentary eats and drink? And what if,
on those days when a gate-crasher became ill or injured, the Suns had to
provide free medical care and shelter?"
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer
What do you think of this?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 2:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• She made a great point. The Suns' owner would never tolerate people sneaking into games for free, getting free food, etc. I live in Tucson, AZ..and I feel bad for the people of Mexico, I really do, but breaking the law is not a good way to start a new future.
    For those of you old enough to remember what happened during the great migration from Cuba... most of those people were hard working families trying to have a better life, but in with them were hard criminals taking advantage of an opportunity. That time was like a viper strike, quick, life-changing, but manageable with proper care. What's happening with people sneaking over our land borders over the last 20 years is like being coiled up and strangled by a 30 ft constrictor.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 4:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• EXACTLY!! I saw Brewer's response to the Sun's owner a while ago--before the AZlaw took effect!! AWESOME response!! Wonder if he ever had an intelligent rebuttal, or like those who haven't thought things all the way through and don't have a valid opposing argument that is not emotionally driven, slink back into their holes?!?! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I like it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Personally I hate Jan Brewer. But that is a point to think about.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:52 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Interesting quote- I am not sure how I feel about the AZ because I don't live there and have no idea what illegal immigration is doing to their community. I do like that she put the shoe on the other foot and compared how she is handling what is her responsibility (AZ borders) with what is his responsibility (making a profit for and from his team).
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 2:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Running any part of our gov't. ~ from the smallest town mayor up to the presidency ~ is no different than running a business. Considering the number of employees and necessary tasks (military, infrastructure) along with the multitude of extras (schools, welfare, medicare, unemployment, etc.) the business has (and lets not forget those earmarks and pork projects) the business is understaffed and unqualified to start with.

We have laws regarding illegals and they should be upheld. Those who can only think/act from their gut may have had a business but it failed ... because a successful business can't run on emotion or gut reactions.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 3:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• #1… I dare say The United States IS the ONLY GVT., This ADMIN. specifically, that DOES NOT ENFORCE IT"S LAWS ON ILLEGALS or TERRORISTS, for that matter, ANY ONE of THEM, CAN WALK across the border, just as the ILLEGALS DO!

THIS ADMN. IS PERFECTLY TRANSPARENT that THEY, the PROGRESSIVES, ARE NOT on OUR SIDE, that being the side of the U.S. CITIZENS, OUR back is NOT covered, we are TOTALLY VULNERABLE to ANY AND EVERY TERRORIST & ILLEGAL OUT THERE!

cont...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 6:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Listen and watch this link that sums up the situation. And some people wonder what the fuss is all about. Just imagine you and your family living in this county, knowing your federal government will not secure the border.

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2010/12/az-top-sheriff-paul-babeu-obama-administration-does-not-take-border-security-seriously-video/
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 7:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• we need to close the borders period this is my view
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• #2… And I just saw this, lovely huh???

Mexican security forces are scrambling to catch scores of inmates who broke out of a prison near the US border in a region plagued by drug gang violence.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/12/19/3096939.htm?section=justin

agentwanda