Why Do People Blame "God" When Something Bad Happens?

I do not understand why "God" gets such a bad Rap,

for things that go wrong in life.

Did we ever think maybe there are other forces at work!

Why is it always God fault!.

Humans free will.......Maybe our own mistakes.

Really stop and think before you answer this question......

getyoung

Asked by getyoung at 7:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think that most blame God cause they think that God is the ruler of this world. satan is the ruler of this world.1 John 5:19. Just look around too. This whole world is under satans influence,Revelation 12:9.Plus we can see at Ecclesiastes 9:11, that bad things happen. Has no doing from God. And when people say well God needed another angel in heaven. Nope. God made all the angles in heaven with him before he ever made us. Plus he made us to be here on earth, not heaven. If Adam and Eve would have listened to God they would still be here today. God is a God of love. He does not take us for his selfish reasons.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I think it is because people dont take the time to see the reason behind the bad things.
    Sometimes bad things have to happen before something good comes along. If people would wait to judge they would realize that the bad thing happened so that they can really enjoy the good.
    For example: before i met my dh, i was with a really stupid guy for 2 years. in that time my dad died and my so was a real a$$ to me.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 7:21 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• conthe told me he was glad my dad died. If my dad had not died i think i would have stayed with him way longer than i needed to and might not have met my DH.. well i met my dh while i was with the other guy. the day i met my dh i went home, packed my stuff and moved back home with my mom. ( so i didnt cheat on anyone) the day i met my dh i told my mom that i was going to marry him. 4 months later we got married. have been for 6.5 years. well on my dh side of the story, he was engaged to a gal and her mother died, she left him at that point because she needed to go in a different direction i guess. SO the point is two really bad things happened and it brought me and my dh together. Now we have two wonderful children and we love each other very much. At the time the bad things happened, we didnt have any idea that something so wonderful could come afterwards.
    bubblebean

• oops the second part is supposed to start with cont.... he
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 7:22 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• and one more thing... i didnt blame God for my dad dying
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 7:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Because people don't want to be accountable for their own actions.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 7:24 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Some people blame God for all the bad that happens, but honestly? No human can understand God's plan for all of us, nor do people want to admit some problems are due to their own actions.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:41 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• No idea why they blame God when most of the time its a result of something they were doing that lead to the bad thing happening. Someone speeds and dies, its their fault not Gods. Someone cheats on their wife and wife leaves, their fault not Gods. And so on and so on. Now I know theres some things we just are totally unaware of and innocent when the shoe drops. In those times I pray harder for understanding as to why God felt this was the right way.

Answer by gemgem at 8:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I think it's a way of trying to make sense out of a world that sometimes does not make sense. When bad things happen, it's more comforting to have an 'answer' (even an answer that makes you angry!) than facing the idea that sometimes random bad things happen just because life is unfair. I think that having someone/something to lay the blame on is ultimately easier for many than feeling that life's tragedies are random and unpredictable and do not occur for any particular reason other than chance.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• They blame God because it's easy to blame somebody else for what's happening... It's so sad because when you're having a hard time or have something bad happen to you, you should ask for God to comfort and embrace you... not blame him. I can't imagine how hurtful it must be to have so MANY people that you love blame you for bad things that happen to them...
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:48 PM on Nov. 8, 2008