Does your hair get caught in your vacuum?

since I had my son my hair falls out more frequently. Every time we vacuum, my hair wraps around the rotating doohicky and it needs cleaned out or it'll smoke. Does anyone else have this issue? Did anyone get a vacuum that works for this? We vacuum weekly, so I'm surprised it is still so bad. We've gone through two vacuums now, and they were both prett tough models. Any suggestions?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes I do I have long hair and it's always wrapped around the shaft thingy and I have to take it apart to clean it out
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I had that problem all the time when our daughter lived at home. My hair is short, so it's not much of a problem now. I did learn that it comes off the roller better if you clip it with a pair of scissors.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I just bought a dyson and so far it works much better for this. I am on a medication that causes my hair to fall out a lot. So far it works great, and its only the basic Dyson DC-07 model.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Mine doesn't smoke. I have a canister vac though.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I've never had this problem to that degree and we have two dogs, one with longer hair. I have a BIssell Healthy Home vac, if that helps.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 6:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I did have this problem with my old vacuum. I now have an Oreck, it's much better.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 6:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Mine oes the same thing, and i jst clip it with scissors and pull it off. I have 3 lil girls with long hair and so do i...
    beeandlacismom

Answer by beeandlacismom at 9:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2010