How long after birth did you start your period?

It's been almost 6 months and I know because I BF that my hormones will not let me begin a period until her feedings start slowing down after I begin solid foods. The last couple of months I've been cramping though, with no period, and today I thought I was going to start - I feel really crampy and drained and just overall PMS-ey. Anyone else going through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Health

• Lots of women feel this way. Even while BF you can still get preggo, even if you have not had a period. If you continue to feel this way, call your Dr for a check up to make sure your not preggo, or having a hormonal change.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/48748

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:30 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• It took me 7 mos. and then I went a few months before having another one. I bfed for a little more than 2 yrs. I would go to doc of crampiness continues.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• With my first I was BF and got my first at 7 months and my second I BF and didn't get one until she was 13 months old..
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:09 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• With my first, I was exclusively BF and I got af when my son was 3 and a half months old. Now my daughter is about 3 and half months old and I feel like you, a little PMSy, but other than that, no sign of AF.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 9, 2008