• In the Spotlight:

Bah humbug!

My DH is anti christmas. I hate this! He asked me to inform my family NOT to buy him anything. He is willing to accept a gift from me but we are broke! I am waiting to hear something about my disability and he has a trade that our town doesn't have much need for so he has been out of work for a minute. What do I do?

gatorswife

Asked by gatorswife at 3:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• put up your decorations,watch some christmas movies, have some hot chocolate and tell him -it isn't about the money/gifts anyway
    try to enjoy the little things
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Look for free sh*t, that is the only way my s/o get gifts for our kids and eachother.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• My mom's husband is like this and has been for the last 20 years. She just does her thing and we include him in it as much as we can. You can always say you don't want something or for people not to get you something but it's a gift and it makes people feel good to give. Is there a reason he doesn't like Christmas? If not just do what you want.
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• He says his christmas' started to suck when his mom and dad split during his childhood and he hasn't liked it since.
    gatorswife

Comment by gatorswife (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2010