Do you buy a new ornament each year?

Either a family one, or one for each individual family member? We do and I hope to pass my kids' ornaments along once they grow up, so that they can put them on their trees. If you do buy a new one, what did you pick for this year?

banana-bear

Asked by banana-bear at 3:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Holidays

• My mother and my MIL have each always gotten my husband and I one (we each got one as we grew up and that's what we started our tree with), once the kids were born they each always got one for them each year as well. I put their initials and the year on them so when they get older we can pass their ornaments on to them as well.

Answer by missanc at 3:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Yes my kids pick out one very year. We will continue to do this until we have enough to get rid of the simple ball ornaments
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I have done this for 33 yeras my now grown childern got all of there's when they all started having families of their own my 8 yr old gets one every year also
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• We try to, but sometimes time gets away from us and we don't end up getting one. We should make it more of a priority.
    amyb99

Answer by amyb99 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I try to get an ornament every year with the date on it. The only year I missed since we've been married is 2005. It kind of helps when you have big events like Baby's first Christmas and 1st Christmas in a hew home, etc. hehe

Neither of our mothers passed along any of the ornaments pertaining to us as children so our tree was started from scratch the year before we married. Although I may not buy the kids an ornament specifically for them every year, I'm sure we'll buy them ornaments over time. DS only has one that is his other than his baby's 1st Christmas. I probably will pass along some of those ornaments when they leave the nest if they want them.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Yes! We always get one for the theme of our kids birthday that year. This year my ds played soccer this year so he got a soccer one. And we have a new baby so she got her first one and we are getting a new family one. We make sure to date them every year. :) These are the ornaments that I will love 20 years from now. :)
    jillrebecca3

Answer by jillrebecca3 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Whatever I can find for free. LOL
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 10:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• my mom does.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Moms_Angels1960, did your kids appreciate all the ornaments once they grew up and received them? I'm hoping for excitement!! I would have loved to have something like this when I was growing up.

banana-bear

Comment by banana-bear (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• missanc, I initial and add the date as well! Funny.

banana-bear

Comment by banana-bear (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2010