down there after birth adult content

okay, so i had a sheduled induction for the 15th of december @ 6am.
by the time i got to the hospital though, my vagina was already swelling & had a fluid pocket.
well, they broke my water a couple hours after i got there and then made me go through 30 hours of labor... by the end of the 30 hours, my vagina was 10x bigger than anything ive ever seen in my life. i can't even sit down right. but, they made me have an emergency c-section due to the fact that he wouldn't be able to come out of my swollen stuff andd his head was smushed against my cervix & hip.
my question is, is this common? that have balls as a vagina after (trying to give) birth? and if so, how long until the swelling & fluid goes away?
i know this is gross, but the doctors haven't told me ANYTHING except "you gave birth, things happen" and im worried

JessicaNecole

Asked by JessicaNecole at 3:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends on how the birth went. I was so swollen after the birth of my son you can actually see my vagina just by looking down. I couldnt sit for over 3 weeks. I took a pillow everywhere I went and sat at an angle
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Just to let you know if you're overly concerned just make an appointment. It wont hurt to double check and be safe
    mommy_of_two388

• First of all congrats!!! Have you tried putting an ice pack down there? I never looked at mined after birth but doc made me get ice pack every so often to reduce the swelling
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 3:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• thank you. (:
    he's the most beautiful baby ive ever seen in my life.
    buuut i put an ice pack on it and i have to put petrolium jelly to keep the lips from sticking together.
    there was so much stuff being stuck up there, along with every ARM of every nurse, doctor, and student in this hospital! lol.
    its swollen all the way back so if you look from behind it looks like a have.... (balls)
    they said there was this spray to numb it down there, but they never got it for me.
    josephs daddy has to help me wipe, clean myself up, put more pads on, ect.
    he's such a trooper (:
    JessicaNecole

Comment by JessicaNecole (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• can you buy that dermoplast spray?
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 3:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I never saw "down there" during labor and delivery or after. I don't know if I was swollen or not. Hope the swelling goes down. Congrats on your baby!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 3:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• If ice feels too cold, just use a cool wet cloth or towel. Better yet, if heat feels good, try a short warm bath. I used the hat (in toilet) and poured warm water over my vaginal area whenever possible. As always, CALL THE OB/GYN if it gets worse! You may feel awful, but remember the bundle of joy you get to love. Congratulations!
    missmarylou

Answer by missmarylou at 3:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• im pregnant with my first, but wanted to say good luck & hope you feel better soon-also you are lucky to have a good man helping you
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• no nurse told you about ice packs and tucks pads??? Girl have dh goto the store right now! sitz baths with help too Poor thing! have Dh go buy 2 boxes of tucks and use them OFTEN!!! in a week or so youll be much better! PS you had your baby on my DS birthday! Congrats
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I had some swelling but nothing like yours. I hope it gets better and Congrats on the new baby.
    LADYA1983

Answer by LADYA1983 at 1:50 AM on Dec. 19, 2010