Do you think this site would be better...

If they honestly put a stop to all the drama posts, by deleting them and deleting the account of the poster? I am not talking about a heated debate, I am those posts that call out the drama topics like PA, FF feeding, rear facing, and abortion. I feel like there should be a zero tolerance policy for this type of stuff. I think this site would be awesome if we didn't have all the drama and bitterness. I mean I agree with the not replying to a post, which I don't, but I can't stand seeing all the lame posts that do nothing put stir the pot. I often read posts over and over and shake my head wondering why they have nothing better to do then start internet drama. Do you think the CM main members only care about the popularity of their site and that's why they allow it or do you think they let it go because it would take too much effort to go through and eliminate the unnecessary posts and people?

Luvmybooskies

Asked by Luvmybooskies at 3:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in About CafeMom

• one person's drama is another person's entertainment. I think there are certain thing we can all agree are just wrong. I am always surprised by how few things that is. Someone will always be unhappy about something and once they start deleting where does it stop. Take a look through the answers group to some of the debates on what acceptable just after the refit.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 5:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Censorship is a slippery slope ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I understand that some post can get out of hand but EVERYONE has their right to their opinion. If they deleted all Bf, rear facing pretty much all real issues then this site would just be dumb. No one will agree on anything so why not just delete all post?
    Deleting a user account just over a heated debate is beyond dumb and I highly doubt if that was the way it was cafemom wouldnt have as many members as it does now
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Where would you draw a line as to what is a drama post and what isn't?
    honestly, I think they should jsut do away with the votedown button since so many people use it as an I don't like your opinion so I will downvote you kind of thing rather than a wow that was rude/mean kind of thing

especially with the religious questions- if a non-christian asks a question about the bible or something -it seems it is automatically assumed that it is to start drama -where *most of the time that isn't the case-it is just how some people percieve it
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I agree with all your points! Especially with what you said Charlotsometimes. I just get so annoyed at the call out posts. I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion and to have a debate. I just hate the posts that are straight out rude and immature like, " If you do this and don't do that you are a bad mother". To me that is just abusing this site. However, I must admit that there are a large amount of wonderful woman on here. Instead of bumping a post by posting dead horse pics lol, I try to just stay clear and reply to the ones I really care about.
    Luvmybooskies

Comment by Luvmybooskies (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Dec. 18, 2010