Is the only way to get over someone to move on to someone else?

I was having this conversation with a friend, what do you think?

Melissa15

Asked by Melissa15 at 3:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• That someone else really should be YOU. Take some time to review your life. You don't need a man to define yourself. No pun intended, but if you just want sex, get a toy. Nobody need to know but you,sweetheart. We all have needs! Get back in touch with who you are. Enjoy time with friends and family. Let love happen on its own. Good luck......., and enjoy!
    missmarylou

Answer by missmarylou at 4:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Now that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. No you can get over someone else without needing anyone else. I was single for over a year after my ex in high school and I broke up and I choose to be single. I got over him without the help of another man
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• that's the worst way,you just end up transferring emotions to the next guy that aren't for real

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Break ups are always hard to get over, even when people move on they can still pine for the ex.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 3:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• No....moving on to quickly is probably a rebound move. I would take some me time, and if I met another person I would be just friends for awhile.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• That's why rebound relationships usually don't work, it's not a good thing to do. You can get over someone in time. you can get rid of everything you can that reminds you of the person and then stay busy with other things (school, work, hobbies, kids, church, meeting new people in general). One day you wake up and forgot his name!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• No it's not, you only go in for the rebound it rarely ever works. I say take a look at yourself find something you have always wanted to do and do that and the right person will come along at the right time.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Time is the only way to get over some one.

Answer by louise2 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• maybe get a hobby and rediscover yourself moving onto another person when you are not ready is heartache waiting to happen
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• its best to keep from the rebound relationships, because the one you rebound with usually ends up getting hurt when the emotions aren't real.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 4:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2010