If your teen 14 was completely disrespectful to you would you concider another living situation for him?

don't get me wrong i love my son more than life itself he was my first born but as he gets older he gets more and more disrespectful toward me hes constantly getting suspended from school for the same reason the only one hes respectful toward is my hubby i don't know what to do anymore I've tried everything right know he cant go outside use the computer or video games because hes suspended from school at the moment for 38 days hes been at an alternate learning facility im worried about my other children picking up on this behavior its getting to the point where I'm depressed and crying all the time cause i don't know what to do with him so know i thinking of sending him to live with my father for a while do you think this is a bad idea please any suggestions would be helpful thanks...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• No, I would teach him how I wanted him to act, not dump him on others to "fix" him. Teens are never easy to deal with. It's something we all have to go through as moms. You can do it. Just back up and regroup then figure it out.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• well i dont want to dump him on others hes been like this for a long time just getting worse as he gets older!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Have you figured put why he is doing it? Why he keeps getting kicked out of school? why he thinks being mean to his mom is okay?

The consequence of being suspended seems to be an acceptable consequence for him. Is something horrible happening to him at school? Does he have an undisguised learning disability?

Have you just asked him, "Hey, why do you think it is okay to talk so crappy to me?"
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I'd find out if there are underlying issues. Is he on drugs? Is he bi-polar? Get him in counseling and have him tested for drugs.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• My middle son was very much like your son. I dealt with his issue as best I could. I met with school counselors and even had a parole officer talk with him. His Father (my first hubby) wasn't in the picture much and it was extremely hard on me. My son was always getting suspended from school and totally disrespecting me. He finally started to come around when he was 16. It was a remarkable improvement, but I never thought of sending him away. I felt like that would only make matters worse. Just hang in there...its not easy having disrespectful Teens...but he will mature , just give him time ~ Best Wishes
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• If you think it's the best thing for both you and your son then maybe some time to be with his father would help. He is a typical 14 year old boy and they sometimes do display an attitude that isn't always nice. Unless, you want to keep working on trying to find out why is acting the way he is or what possibly could be bothering him.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• To steal a quote I walked through a river of shit with my son and came out smelling like roses and my son was locked up and everything it was hard but I had to make it work with him here not easy I had to keep going when everyone else wrote him off and I would do it again.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I would keep him busy with chores around the house, if he didn't do them, I would ask him if he wants to go see what boot camp has to offer him there. There needs to be a effort made on his part somewhere. Sending him to your dads would be like a vacation for him, it might stress out your dad, unless your dad offered, I wouldn't ask.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 4:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• But you will have to say when you have had enough or need help nothing wrong with regrouping.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Regardless of what he is doing, he is your son. You choose to have him. I am not trying to be ignorant or rude, but I am just being real. I have four kids, two are teens. I have gone through a lot with my boys. One of them is almost seventeen with a five month old baby, but I didnt send him away. I am also a single parent. It gets rough, and boy do I understand...but throwing in the towel will make him resent you later on, and that isnt worth it. As a parent its your job to raise him...good and bad. No one said it would be easy to be a parent.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2010