Should Target sell alcohol?

I hear my local Target Store is planning on selling alcoholic beverages. I personnally am not in favor of this change. For us it has always been a nice family store. You can't buy cigarettes, alcohol or guns. All three will eventually kill someone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope not!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I don't see a problem with it. Not sure where you're from but here you can pretty much get alcohol at any convenience store- doesn't make me think any less of the place.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 4:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Our Target already start selling it. I don't see what the problem is. People are going to smoke a nd drink what they want(I don't do neither). It is what it is.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 4:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Only Super Targets, the ones that are full grocery stores in addition to the regular stuff can sell alcohol. I believe it would also depend on your state laws. If your grocery stores are able to sell liquor and beer, then the Super Target would be able to also.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 4:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Our Target sells it and has for awhile. I don't see the problem, if they are going to abuse it, they will get it somewhere. And it is convenient for me if I am picking stuff up not to have to go to another store. (I do drink, just in moderation and not often)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• If they have a separate area for it. Sam's and Walmart do but you have to enter in another door so it's like a separate store. They are businesses. Their bottom line is profit. There is money in alcohol and tobacco. I don't use either one so I won't be patronizing that area if they build it but understand why they would do it. I call it greed, others call it capitalism

Answer by admckenzie at 4:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• In some states some stores do and some other some dont. I heard that most states are trying to get local stores to sell it to cut down cost
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Our target in Ohio sold wine, pre made daiquiris, and beer. What's the big deal?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Why not? You can buy it at the grocery store, 7-11, gas station, what difference does Target make?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• If guns kill people then do pencils misspell words?
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 4:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2010