What would you do about your child wanting/having same sex relations.

earlyissues

Asked by earlyissues at 4:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I would support them in their choice.
    haileysmom2833

Answer by haileysmom2833 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You are talking about being gay, or bi. Would execpt that that was them.

Answer by louise2 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Other than explaining to him/her the importance of safe sex & being aware of STDs, nothing. If someone is homosexual, you can't change that. I would support my son if he told me he was gay. Gay people have enough to worry about from society without worrying about whether or not their family will accept them.
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 4:45 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• What hailey said. I would still noy encourage sexual relationships if they are young, and encourage condoms if they were.
    Anonymous

• I have not encountered this problem yet, and pray I never do, but as a "MOM" I would have to accept it because I love my children! I've even explained to my husband I am selfish in not wanting my kids to end up as gay people, because I want grandchildren, and I'll be damned if I am like his aunt who excepts his cousin's dogs like actual children. And I want blood related grandbabies if possible? So, I am selfish and admit it...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• well really as much as you would like them not to do it and wish there was something you can do about it there really isn't they are going to do it weather you want them to or not. The more you tell them they can't do it the more they will want to do it. so I think I would sit her down and talk to her about everything that can or could go wrong like an unplanned pregnancy, std everything like that. Then I would ask her if she loves this guy. I would let her know this is something that if you don't wait until you are married you should at least love that person. Also if I new they were doing it I think I would put them on the pill not telling them it is ok to do it, but so that they don't get pregnant. I would also let her know that he needs to still wear a condom because she can still get an std. I always said though I want my kids to be able to talk to me about this stuff and Continue
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I would do the same thing about same sex as I would about sex, talk BC,abstainin, std's ect.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• be able to come to me about anything and everything. I want my kids to be open with me. If they come to me I am not going to get mad or anything I will just let them know what can happen and ask her if she is already doing it. I would have a long talk about this subject.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I would only have a problem if they were dating a violent asshole riddled with infections and they don't use protection. My love for my children is unconditional and always will be. I will never have a problem with someone that makes them happy, im not that selfish.
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 4:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• i didn't realize you were talking about gays lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2010