How Can I Get My Husband To Be More Romantic?

We've been together for 9 years and married for 7 of them. At first, he was really romantic, but now it seems like he doesn't even want to be around me. If I try to give him a hug or a quick kiss on the lips, he lets out a long loud sigh and says "okay okay". I can't touch him without him acting like he's disgusted. I don't know why he's doing this. Is there something I can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• i agree you should talk to him. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in daily life that we forget the good things. I was this way with my dh for a while, then i realized that if i kept it up i would probably be alone soon. Maybe he doesnt even realize what he is doing. find out what he thinks. tell him that he is hurting your feelings and maybe it will wake him up. Just think positive until you ask him.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 7:40 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• ask him what's going on. Why he doesn't seem comfortable with it. Doing more at this point, might make it worse. Maybe he he is just too tired. It happens to guys too. Or maybe he just feels like he needs his own alone time.
    You could always put something sexy on, and light some candles; take things into your own hands. But again, you could face rejection if he's just not in the mood for anything like that.
    Hopefully you figure it out!
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 7:34 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I think that you should talk to him about this, ask him Why he doesn't seem comfortable with you hugging or kissing you, have you thougth that maybe he cheating on you. my husband was the same way when the was cheating on me he did not want me to hug or kiss him we did not sleep in the same bed or have sex that why i ask that. maybe that something to think about
    Erica25800

Answer by Erica25800 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Ask him straight out why he's feeling this way. But he may not really know why...I'd guess it was stress. Stress can do alot of physical harm!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2008