why is it that when you go to the movies to see so called horror movies it doesn't have that creepy feel to it anymore

remember when you wlked inside the show it had a certain feel to it i gues with the video games.. anyway rember it use to be sooo dark and quiet and the little horror sounds will build up to scare you or make you jump or turn to the side and sly way cover your face well i don't get that feeling anymore and i know it's not because i'm older because i remember my parents screamed or jumped well at least mom did ,dad (ok)it gave you that feeling when it was over you were ready to just go home and go to sleep because you were so shook up now it makes you want to hang out afterwards idk the show at least when i go to see what suppose to be horror movies don't give me that creepy feel anymore i rember you didnt even want to go to the washroom or was to scared to go is anyone else with me on this and let me know what movies made you feel this way

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 5:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Entertainment

• I know what you mean- it's like the directors have stopped trying to build up the suspense! So many times, they just go for blood & guts instead of a good chiller. Have you seen "Shutter Island" with Leo DiCaprio? It's not really horror, but it's got the suspense element.

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I know what you mean, there are very few movies these days that can make me jump and I watch A LOT of movies. Then it's like whats up with them doing all these remakes of what we grew up watching?
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• You'll love it, it's great! They really use silence & background sounds well. I love the Halloween series!!!

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I know what you mean! I went to see Paranormal Activity 2 when it was at the theater.The first one wasn't that scary but I figured they would do better on the second one.Nope! None it was scary. Anyway for some reason when the cabinets popped open all at once every one in the theater laughed. There was alot of people to because it was the opening night of it. So disapointing. That was the last scary movie I went to see or have seen..
    tamara0567

Answer by tamara0567 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• It's because there all becoming to predictable..
    AudrisMom06

Answer by AudrisMom06 at 6:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• All of the movies are cheaply made and sooo predictable!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:25 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• @505 exactly all those remakes bad enough we got older and realize it wasnt that scary but to see the remake and it garbage... @ KA91 i've been waiting to see it so i'm waiting for it on netflix this month. Don't you remember the sounds of jason and the michael myers songs to identify them just about all of the movies have a background sound that would creep you out ohhh i guess now it's all about these new soundtracks and regular songs now instead of creepy sounds that builds suspense
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• The movie Identity had me all tense afterwards and if you wath it be sure to have the room very dark, after awhile everyone starts checking each out lol, i told someone it's been a long time since i felt like that after seeing a movie
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• @tamara i wasted my time too with those movies and @Audris pretty much
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• @shanapiv ,exactly no more silent moments then all hell breaks loose lol
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2010