im i wrong?

my nieces friend who is a boy and is gay is living with my sister and her.he is 16. well the other day i was out with my sis and niece and lefted my three year old son with him and my husband, well when i got home my husband wanted to talk to me about the teen he said that when he would play with my son he would hit him on the butt and stuff like that, i know his gay but ive never wondered if he would hurt my kid bc his never alone with him but my husband wanted me to talk to my sister and niece about which i did and they both kinda got mad about it...' I UNDERSTAND thatjust cus his gay doesnt mean his gonna hurt my son almost all my friends in school were gay i dont get out much anymore so my husband and kid r my only friends now lol i know sad, but was i wrong to tell them to keep an eye on him when my son is around???? i feel bad....but they say 1 in 6 boys will be hurt and 1 in 3 girls will be i was raped when i was 16 and i worry about my son and my newborn girl all the time the world is a sick place........advise would be nice

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 6:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Are you making this a gay issue,a boy issue,or a teen issue?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• im just wondering if im making a big deal or not thats all i couldnt care less that his gay or a boy
    twimommy

Comment by twimommy (original poster) at 6:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I think you are just making a big deal out of something that is not needed to be made a dealo f.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Teenage boys are just as capable to babysit as are teenage girls. Homosexuals are just as capable of babysitting as are heterosexuals.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• So you think he's going to hurt your 3 year old because he's 16? I'm just trying to understand. If you don't feel comfortable with your child around him,for any reason,then by all means don't.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• ok
    twimommy

Comment by twimommy (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Yeah you are making to big of a deal. The kid pretty much spanked your child with out your permission. Sit him down and talk to him and tell him that are only some things that kids do and parents do. Just because hes gay dosent mean hes mean, sexual etc. Hes just like you and I but with a different life style. Dont judge him on that:)
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 6:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• When it comes to your kids trust your instincts! Are you or your husband homophobic? This may be part of the problem.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Does your husband think that because this boy is gay he is also a child molester? That's what it sounds like he is possibly implying.

Sorry, but yes, I think what you said was insulting. If your husband thought this boy did something inappropriate why didn't he just tell him so? If you don't trust this boy, why would you tell someone else to keep an eye on him? Either you don't have your child around him if you don't trust him, or YOU watch your children when he is around. To tell them to watch out for him does imply you don't trust him. And, you do make it sound like his gayness is a factor, and that doesn't seem right.

Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 6:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I wouldnt let anyone hit my kid on the butt, that may earn a punch in the face, 16 or not, not okay in my book
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2010