my newborn got sick on day three of her new life

when she was born she couldnt breath right but they fixed it, but when she was only three days old she got sick a runny and a cough.....did anyone else baby ever get sick the first week alive.

twimommy

Asked by twimommy at 6:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would take her to the doctors but im sure shes fine
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 6:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Not that quick because my son was in the hospital for the first 3 weeks of his life. But soon after he cam home he got a cold. My older son is in school and he came home with a cold and gave it to his baby brother.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• mine got pink eye in the hospital!
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• no...none of mine but they were all hospitalized with jaundice though right after birth. Has something to do with my blood type. They always have to be under the lights for 3 days. My kids actually don't get sick as often as most kids pretty good immune systems I guess.

Hope your LO gets better...just that time of season.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• wow pink eye in the hospital, i did take her to the doctor but i just feel bad that she got sick so fast
    twimommy

Comment by twimommy (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• The only thing my 3 had after birth was jaundice-- and for all 3 it did clear up on its own.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I hope your baby feels better and gets healthy soon!!
    MizLee

• Hope she feels better soon.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• My Son got pinkeye too but he was 5 weeks. They gave me eye drops & it was gone in a jiffy. Call your Pediatrician if your concern worsens.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• One son was fine, one never left the hospital and my youngest was not released for 9 weeks after he was born. My Mom said I had chicken poz at 10 days old. Stuff happens you can't control. Try and no0t worry.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2010