i am 17 weeks pg and i have loss 20 lbs! is it ok?

I got pg right after a mis in Aug. and it is going great baby is growing right and everything looks great, but I am losing a lot of weight so far 20 lbs and i don't know why i don't eat diff i don't walk/run nothing has changed. although i am super happy about it i am also concerned about the baby. is it safe and anyone else have this happen to them.

shannonmcgeehen

Asked by shannonmcgeehen at 6:26 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Health

• I lost 25lbs in one of my pregnancies and delivered a healthy over 6lb baby.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• It really depends at what weight you are starting out at.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Not sure how much you weighed to begin with, but I would think if the baby is developing the way it should it would be ok. I would def bring it up at the next appointment though.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• what weight did you start at
    what does your doctor say
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I think that you should speak to your dr about it to make sure that is ok for your body and the baby.
    domenica_rose

Answer by domenica_rose at 7:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I started out at 225 and with my first i was 210 and second was 220. she didnt say anything about it but wic freaked.
    shannonmcgeehen

Comment by shannonmcgeehen (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• If your Dr says you are fine. Then don't worry about it. I had a friend that losses 40lb with her pregnancy's. There was never anything wrong with the baby's. Every one is different. If you are worried about it. Then talk to your Dr/OB/Midwife about it.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2010