pregnant and smoking, what can i do to stop?

i am about 5 wks and need to stop smoking also have high blood pressure which was one of the problems with my last pregnancy/miscarraige. any advise

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• talk to your doctor about it. i'm sure he can give you better advice than anyone on cafemom. good luck
    MrsJacksonWest

Answer by MrsJacksonWest at 2:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I smoked for years but was able to stop for each of my 3 pregnancies. It just never occurred to me to smoke while pregnant (my Mom would have killed me anyway). I was introduced to a system that they say works, you can check it out here:
    http://quit-smoking-tools.com/Ameriplan.html
    niseylee

Answer by niseylee at 2:38 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I made each of my smoking sisters smoke with a cherry sucrets (cough drop) in their mouth while they were preggo. I guess the taste is just horrid and makes any sickness way worse.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:43 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• hi sweetie,
    umm i smoked with my daughter,she's now 8,if i had it to do over again i wouldn't! she was born @ 32 weeks,stayed in nicu for 5 weeks had 2 operations,she only weighed 4 lbs.& lost 7 oz. of that!so i'm not saying smoking did all of this but her drs. said it sure as hell didn't help her.i couldn't even dress her until she was 4 weeks old,so ever time that urge comes along PLEASE find someway to curb it somehow! i prayed :)
    Anonymous

• Call your doctor and get some help from him/her. They will help to wean you off or do it cold turkey~ it all depends on your personal situation. Just be honest with them, that is the only way they can help you.
    mamastefl

Answer by mamastefl at 8:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• THINK ABOUT THE BABY AND NOT YOU
    nytangl57

Answer by nytangl57 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2008