Is this what you really believe, or is it a show or cry for attention?

Also do you at least go to explain the reason why Christ is used in the title of "Christmas'', or say what the virgin birth was for?

Anyone who can hear, can learn this, so why is that not done, and you take the title of pagan, or wiccan, knowing full well that this is an abomination to God.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Religious Debate

• The thing is, I find your God an abomination. I don't give your religion any validity. It does not matter one bit to me what your religion may or may not think of me, or what you God thinks of me. But that does not prevent me from understanding your POV. So it's not a cry for attention. It's not a show. This is what I really believe. I investigated the beliefs I left behind very well. I understand why I reject those beliefs and the claims of that religion.

So yeah, I know what Christianity has to say about Pagans. Most Pagans reject the Christian argument because it is not valid.
    God is not one.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:06 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Anyone who is a Pagan or Wiccan or Atheist are really not to worried about what you think God's opinion is. How do you think God feels about you taking judgment into your own hands rather than leaving that for him.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Wow... If I were you I would have posted anon, too.

Funny thing is, being a Christian myself, I feel like I must have missed the memo where God told us to forget all of that love and compassion stuff and start judging other people... Or maybe He saves that commandment for a group of privileged elite....

If you can't tell, I'm being sarcastic, and I think that its sad so many people miss the point when it comes to God and His love. Whether or not someone is right or wrong is beside the point (and my beliefs in pluralism/etc are beside the point too), He would never want someone to spread this kind of judgmental hate around in His name. So how about, before you take it upon yourself to speak for God, you take a minute to remember what it is, exactly, He would want us to say, and HOW He expects us to say it. Because whatever the "right" answer may be (and I'm sure we'd argue on what that is), I'm sure this isn't it...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• So showing up and insulting the Pagans is a way to spread the love of God, eh? Why didn't I think of that.

Get along, little trolly.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Oh silly anon...you claim others want attention yet this post shows exactly that, yet it's YOU wanting the attention. YOu seem lost, and confused yourself. You claim the love of your "God", yet sit on a self imposed pedestal of judgement and condemnation. You CAN and DO have your God and your faith without the disrespect towards your fellow man/woman.
    I do believe you have gotten lost along the way and have become more about twisting what love is about rather than living with peace in your heart.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• WTH! I'm lost and we've just begun. I'm not sure if you're asking a question or just angry about anyone not believing in Christ. Christ & Christmas are two different things. I'm a Christian and as so know that God loves ALL his children regardless of what they believe in!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 7:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I don't hate , I wish others shared in this joy, so that more could understand and have this joy as a final retreat from this world.

Then why are you hiding behind the anoyomous button?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• blank stare Anon(OP), you have major issues! The only abomination is your LACK OF knowledge about a religion you claim to represent. Anyone who can READ, has a better ability to comprehend for themselves what decisions they will confess/profess. And anyone who can HEAR, obviously isn't listening to you. (And rightfully so)

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 7:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• That's right,play right into the stereotype.....

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Anon was more fun when she used her real name, but then it was harder for her to keep her stories straight across all her accounts that way.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2010