Just found out I'm pregnant today...

...and I am somewhat suprised. I have been having mild period-like cramps for about a week. Haven't been to the doc yet, so I am wondering? Could this be an indication that something is wrong?

rwwmom

Asked by rwwmom at 7:44 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• congratulations. dont worry til you see the doc.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 7:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Probably not. I think it's normal in a lot of pregnancies, just make sure you call if you start to bleed and cramp. Congrats!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• If there's no bleeding and cramping, then I'd think you are fine. But hurry and see the dr. Congrats though. Is this the first?
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• cramps could just be gas. if you start bleeding with them please call the dr.

Congrats on the pregnancy
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Congrats!!! I had cramps and my pregnancy was fine I got a full period too before I found out.
    Your doc will know for sure though and always ask those questions. When I was pregnant I swear I asked millions of them which never before had I done but pregnancy was really new to me.
    Once again congrats and hope all goes well :)
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Thanks, ladies, for all your support! This is our fourth, and I have never felt like this so soon in the pregnancy. I know they say that all pregnancies are different, so I am hoping that's all it is.
    rwwmom

Answer by rwwmom at 7:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Congratulations....I am ttc. I am 8 days late....I have been having the samething to. I had the samething in my first pregnancy too. It is just your uterus stretching to make room for your growing baby.
    NitaNae

Answer by NitaNae at 8:39 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Congrats!!!! I'm so jealous!!! I can't wait for my BFP!!!! Anyway, have a happy and healthy 9 months!
    lamr

Answer by lamr at 9:17 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Thats wonderful and dont worry. im 22 weeks and have cramped since the beginning of the pregnancy. Your body is doing what it is supposed to do.
    lawstudentmommy

Answer by lawstudentmommy at 10:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• yeah mostly everyone had cramping on and off in their first month, I do now and I am only 5 weeks pregnant
    Anonymous