how do you react when people say "wow you have your handsful!"

when they see how many kids you have. i only have 3 but i get this ALL the time. i politely smile and say yes i do...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i have 3 and when they were younger I used to get this all the time. I would just say "no, not realy." I remember going to Friendly's once and it was just me and the 3 kids. at the time they were 4, 2 and 3 months. The waitress was like, is there anyone else coming. I said "No, just us." She thought I was crazy, although for me I liked doing things wiht my kids no matter waht ages they were at. I never felt that I should stay home just because I had kids.

I would just ignore people or say "Really it isn't that bad." Something like that.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• like that

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• A joyful handful...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 7:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I'm not offended at all. It strangly makes me proud.....
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• i have one child
    and when one of her therapists said "wow , she never does stop does she"
    i felt relieved someone saw this too and it was not just me, and some one who works with kids in spectrum for years
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• i get this a lot w/ my three little ones! also esp more now bc im pregnant i guess...

they usually want to stand there and stare and talk, but i dont have time for that, obviously, lol.. so whenever i get the "wow you have your hands full" I always smile and say "full of blessings!"

I know, i know, corny, but SO TRUE!!!!!!!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 7:16 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I've had it happen a few times even though I only have 2. My son is Autistic and also has ADHD so they're usually talking about him. I just smile and "yeah sometimes, but it's so worth it".
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 7:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I usually laugh my butt off. I do have my hands full. Right now, I'm nursing a baby, making homemade oreos, doing laundry, and planning Christmas brunch, still.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2010