I made him return it!

He (the husband) freaking bought a new flat screen without even discussing it with me! I get home and after about an hour he sheepishly admits what he did. The thing is, we already have a 42" flat screen in the living room. We don't NEED a new one at all!
I told him to return it immediately. I am fuming mad. Would you have reacted the same?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• It just depends how tight money was.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Yep. Especially if we didn't have the money for it right then. One time My husband got his student loan money and went out and bought a $300 ipod. The ensuing fight was ugly... UGLY! He returned it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Why do guys do this? I cant tell you how many times I have heard of guys just going out and doing this. It must be something in the testosterone that mixes with the couch and the remote and its all blended with the tv screen. Id be mad too.

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 7:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Lets just say he has spent roughly $3k in the last 2 days, being flamboyant with gifts for everybody including himself. He goes overboard and I'm done dealing with it. Plus he didn't even run it by me. Who does that?!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• IF we had the money, no I would not care.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Wow! I'd be pissed!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• I know that FIL once bought a car, yes a car without consulting MIL. It was not pretty from what DH said. How they managed to stay together for over 50 yrs is beyond me some days.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• husband got back from afghan and wanted a big sreen we financed it threw rent acenter pay 80 bucks every 2 weeks. he has his 50 inch plasma altho hes not home to enjoy it : / but this is just me and ours, to me my husbands the bread winner and if theres anything i can do to make his life more enjoyable while hes home... i try and set aside x amount of money during deploy so he can play when he gets home..maybe have a sit down and talk with him show him the bills etc etc. in our house im the money keeper but we reguarly talk about our financies. so i know he knows where we stand. perhaps maybe going threw something like rent a center etc etc making payments and he gets his toys?
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Men..... :)
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 7:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• trust me. this man has toys. every electronic item he wants. i told him i didn't want the PS3 Move. guess what he bought last night? the PS3 Move. and he wonders why we fight so much. we need to budget for xmas dinner - we are hosting, and i need text books for class. he is angering me the more i think about it!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2010