Anyone's previous c-section scars hurting during this pregnancy?

I've had two previous and this time being pregnant the scar is just killing! During the u/s it hurt pretty bad when they went over the sides of the scar. Normal??
I'm also STILL numb, like 3 inches on my stomach... Are you?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• mine only hurt more in the beginning, when the egg was emplanting. i started cramping... i still remember standing in the kitchen thinking someone kicked me in the stomach... but after that... not much. the numbness could just be because the nerves around the scare are all dead or very weakened. they don't have much feeling. my youngest is 2 and i still have numbness around my scare. sorry i am not much help... but make sure you bring it up with your doc next time you go in.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• IVE HAD 3 C-SECS, AND IM STILL NUMB IT HAS NEVER WENT AWAY. AS FAR AS THE SCAR THIS TIME WITH BABY#5 ITS BEEN BOTHERING ME. I GO TO THE DR ON WED SO IM GUNNA ASK HER Y IT HURTS. SORRY I DONT HAVE ANY REAL ANSWERS FO YA.
    lala91172

Answer by lala91172 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• yup; that is nerve damage unfortunately... the sides always seem to be the tender area a few years following... It took 4 years before i could feel my lower stomach with my daughter!
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 10:43 AM on Nov. 9, 2008