Mostly a rant....hubby is aggravated with me :-(

Every year I buy my own C-mas gifts. Last year i made him go shopping after i told him what i wanted. (Figure we were at least halfway right! lol) Anyway so he told me to order a new flash for my camera. Well some crazy crap was going on with his job and i was scared he was going to have to change jobs which obviously throws things off with the paychecks so I didnt order it.

He asked me tonight if I ordered it and I told him no and why. And i told him i would order it after Cmas because i didnt know how long it would take to get here with it being so close. Then he says "kind of cranky" "Well what else do you want?" (Like Oh great now i have to go shop) And i told him nothing. There isnt really anything i need.
And he got crabby with me and got off the phone. (He lives out fo town for work)

Sometimes i just think after 15 years he would have some CLUE what to buy me so i dont have to buy my own gifts. Hes great for the most part outside of this but it just sucks. I always spend time picking a gift for him.

Guess im just being whiny because he isnt home and i hate doing this time of year alone.

Sandyr911

Asked by Sandyr911 at 7:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• He's a guy. You could be with him 100 years and he'd still be clueless. Men just don't function that way unfortunately

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Read your first sentence. Every year you do it. You have allowed this to become a ritual. Tell him you won't buy your own gift anymore. You can't really vent when you created the situation. not bashing, just sayin'

Answer by admckenzie at 7:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Yeah i know but i told him last year i was tired of buying my own gifts, wrapping my own gifts then acting surprised on Christmas! Oh and not only did he buy me what i told him to last year he bought me the carpet shampooer i bought ALL on his own so I know he can do it.

We dont see each other much and we miss each other like crazy and i just thought "maybe" this year he could do it himself.
    Sandyr911

Comment by Sandyr911 (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• the carpet shampooer i bought ALL on his own so I know he can do it.

OOPS Should say carpet shampooer i WANTED....lol
    Sandyr911

Comment by Sandyr911 (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• He will never get the clue. He's annoyed because if there's nothing under the tree for you, he feels like a giant ass. I'm the same way, there's nothing I really need or want, but my husband gets upset when I can't come up with ideas, because it makes him look bad to our kids when everyone has gifts to open except for me. Oh, well.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2010

• Girl, you are not alone. My Birthday is Dec 25th, the past years he gives me the money and I buy whatever I want. I know it is sad to know that he can be creative and go shopping for me. He works a lot and doesn't have the time to go shopping, so I just decided to drop it and buy me what I want with his money. Look at the positive side, he will never get you something you don't like!!jk. Merry Christmas!!!
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Well he went shopping!!!
    Said he bought it at the mall....kind of afraid to see what it is! rofl
    Sandyr911

Comment by Sandyr911 (original poster) at 8:44 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Merry Christmas, Hope you will get something you wanted/needed. Good luck!!!
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Thanks bratgirl! I hope so too! LOL
    Sandyr911

Comment by Sandyr911 (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Dec. 22, 2010

• Well he did good. He got a set of beautiful candle holders and a frame for the wall with a mushy gushy saying about love and we can put our pic in it. Made me cry! LOL
    Sandyr911

Comment by Sandyr911 (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2011